Shipping a car overseas is very expensive. This can be due to the fact that there are more steps involved in shipping than just driving it from Point A to Point B, or because of the extra fees associated with exporting cars and other goods for sale. Learn about how much moving costs by comparing these two international movers:
The “how long does it take to ship a car overseas” is an important question that people ask when they are planning on moving. The answer will depend on the destination, the type of vehicle, and how much you are willing to spend.
Europe? Egypt or Japan? In order to set up your new life wherever you are going abroad, there are many logistics to take into account. One that you may not have thought about is how much it would cost to move an automobile abroad. Here is a summary of how much international shipping would cost for your automobile, assuming you’ve already chosen to bring it so you can make plans.
elements that influence price
- Type of Vehicle – As you may expect, larger automobiles may cost more to ship since, depending on the shipping method you choose, the extra space they need may change the space demands. Due to the heavier weight of the vehicle, moving big haul vehicles like huge trucks and other equipment may have quite different pricing and methods than shipping a car or even an SUV.
- Time Restrictions – You should plan on your car taking 3 to 12 weeks to go abroad, depending on where it is going. You can expect to pay more for expedited shipment if you must have it sooner rather than later.
- Destination – The distance between loading and dropping off will affect prices, especially if many “legs” of the route are needed to reach the destination port. Fewer traveled routes will be more expensive, while farther-flung or less utilized ports will probably cost more.
- Door to Door vs. Pickup at Port – If you have the means, you’ll save money on automobile shipping by picking up your vehicle at the port of delivery. Alternatively, a variety of transport vehicles are needed, such as putting your car onto a truck to complete the last leg of the voyage on land.
- Transport Method – There are a few options if you’re wondering how to move your automobile the best. For example, your car can fly, but it isn’t the most affordable option since it will cost between $5,000 and $40,000 to do so. Depending on whether you pick “ro ro shipping” (roll on roll off the ship) or container shipping, where your automobile is given its own compartment in a controlled area, the cost to send your car on a ship may vary from $1,000 to $5,000. Your options here will depend on how concerned you are with the cosmetic safety of your automobile, since ro ro shipping offers less weather protection.
- Shipping Insurance – If your auto insurance isn’t already excellent, you’ll need to get extra protection. Expect to pay between 1.5 and 2.5 percent of the estimated value, or $300 to $500, for a vehicle with a $20,000 worth.
- Port of Entry Fees – These taxes cost roughly 150 Euros, or about $200 USD, in Europe. Make sure you investigate prices in various nations so you’ll know what to budget for.
- Land-locked Shipping – To transport your car to the shipping destination if you don’t reside close to a port, you’ll need to hire an international mover or auto shipper. The cost of these services begins at roughly $100 for a short distance, but as you go closer to the port, the price might increase dramatically.
Looking for additional advice on exporting your automobile affordably and safely? Visit our blog article and get a long distance moving service quotation while you’re there. It’s best to obtain the whole picture!
We suggest reading our advice on sending your possessions overseas if you’re relocating abroad.
If you are looking for a shipping company to move your car overseas, then you should look into the “shipping car overseas near me” because it is cheaper than other companies.
- shipping a car overseas requirements
- how much does it cost to ship a car to europe
- best international car shipping company
- how much does it cost to ship a car by boat
- shipping car overseas military